Brachers advises on the £45 million redevelopment of Benenden Hospital
“A Healthy Future” - Benenden Hospital
- An award winning hospital trust, founded in 1907 in the heart of rural Kent, providing first class independent healthcare across a wide range of medical and surgical specialities.
- To redevelop the hospital to provide a state-of-the-art hospital to meet the changing needs of healthcare.
- Patients to benefit from individual bedrooms, a new main entrance and an adjacent car park and drop off area.
- The new facilities will include MRI scanning and diagnostic imaging under one roof, a physiotherapy area and modern operating theatres.
- The contract contains complex phasing provisions to enable the hospital to provide services whilst construction is underway.
- We also advised on the professional appointment documents based on the RIBA, RICS and ACE standard forms.
- Advice in relation to real estate land holding interests.
- Implementing new agreements with utility companies to increase services to the new facility.
- Working with a firm who has an established practice in the region and experience of a senior team with specialist experience in healthcare sector.
- Allowing the hospital to meet the changing healthcare needs of patients whilst maintaining ongoing services to current patients.
- The redevelopment will allow the hospital to continue to provide a high quality of patient care.
- Safeguarding the future of its patients for years to come.
- Allowing the hospital to become a leading centre for healthcare and well-being.
- Sarah Gaines, Commercial Property
“This is a very significant project for us and it was very important for us to be working with a firm that has such an established practice in the region. It has also been useful to have the experience of the senior team at Brachers, many of whom have trained and practiced at large City firms. We were very pleased to have the team on board, as this is a huge investment for Benenden Health. We were grateful for their help in guiding us through some of the more complicated contractual areas.”
Graham Goddard, Project Director Benenden Hospital