The European Works Council Election
We acted for an international manufacturing business in the automotive industry.
They were required to implement a European Works Council (EWC), which needed their UK operations to plan and implement a UK wide EWC election process.
To implement a EWC, we:
- provided detailed legal advice on the complex cross border provisions of the Transnational Information and Consultation Regulations “TICE”;
- designed a legally compliant, practical and cost effective EWC election process;
- consulted on the proposed process with relevant unions without dispute or challenge.
- sourced, costed and resourced the required independent election scrutineer, the Electoral Reform Service (“ERS”); and
- designed, drafted and liaised with the ERS on all communications, candidate profiles, ballot papers etc.
We delivered an undisputed, legally compliant, scrutineer approved, EWC election process for over 3,000 employees spread across multiple sites and businesses within the UK on the designed and required delivery timescale.
The first EWC meeting took place in October 2016.
How we can help
Brachers’ employment team are able to assist with all employment related matters including the implementation of European Works Councils. Please contact a member of our employment team for further advice.