Jeremy is the lead Partner of Brachers’ Personal Injury and Industrial Disease teams. He specialises in serious and complex personal injury claims for claimants. Jeremy is the only APIL Accredited Asbestos Disease Specialist in Kent, Medway, Essex, Sussex and Surrey.
Jeremy obtained a first class honours degree in Law from Nottingham University in 1989. He trained with Collyer Bristow between 1990 and 1992 and joined Brachers upon qualification, specialising in personal injury work.
For seven years he worked for defendants/insurers. Since 1999 he has acted predominantly for claimants. He still occasionally represents defendants e.g. those facing historic asbestos and deafness claims, helping them trace their insurers.
Having acted for defendants, Jeremy has a good understanding of the way his opponents are thinking. He is a member and accredited Senior Litigator of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and is currently the only solicitor in Kent, Medway, Essex, Sussex or Surrey to be accredited by them as an Occupational and Asbestos Disease Specialist.
As team leader part of his time is spent as a supervisor ensuring the team delivers a first-class service.
Jeremy is an active member of his local church and legal adviser to Gravesham Street Pastors. He is a keen runner and ran the 2019 Brighton Marathon for Mesothelioma UK. He has written a (so far unpublished) novel.
Jeremy specialises in:
- Industrial and occupational disease claims
- Asbestos and mesothelioma claims
- Psychiatric injury and work stress claims
- RSI / WRULD
- Fatal accidents and serious personal injury claims
- Head and brain injury claims
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Settled numerous mesothelioma & asbestos claims, usually for 6 figures sums and often within months of instruction
- Successful appeal to Court of Appeal & re-trial in a work stress claim for a former Parks Manager of a London borough, ill health retired following severe depression recovering £1/3 million.
- Settled at mediation a PTSD/depression work stress claim for an international journalist for £3/4 million.
- Settled severe head injury claim for over £1 million, involving difficult loss of commission claim for a land buyer.
- Settled lead case against News International by dozens of printers who suffered RSI to shoulders due to un-ergonomic conditions when cleaning printing press blankets.
Guy, PTSD/work stress victim
I can’t find the words to appropriately thank you for all you have done. It has been a very hard chapter in my life but, with your guidance and skill, now I am able to look forward to the future….I consider you my friend. As well as a bloody good lawyer! Thank you, Mr Horton.
I thought this matter was dealt with alacrity. Always courteous and sympathetic. Excellent service.
Always courteous and sympathetic. Excellent service.
We’d like to thank you so much for all your help and patience, you’ve done a wonderful job in what has not been a very straightforward case. I know Dad would have been very pleased and now we know if circumstances change with mum’s nursing home it gives us more choice as to the care she receives. One of the last things Dad said to me was look after Mum and you’ve certainly helped us do that.