Legal Advice for Healthcare Organisations
Brachers have acted for NHS Trusts in the South East for over 30 years and our experience within the health sector means that we can provide key advice to our clients on the challenges they face and the opportunities arising from the enormous changing policy landscape within the NHS and financial and other service pressures. We have an expert cross disciplinary team who have experience of working for a broad range of healthcare clients including the Department of Health, CCGs, primary care providers and NHS trusts.
Our objective is to find pragmatic solutions for organisations faced with financial constraints. Our long standing client relationships have enabled us to work in partnership with clients with a view to reducing claims, sharing our knowledge, supporting internal team development and an overall reduction in legal spend. We appreciate the potential reputational damage of decisions made by our clients and we offer timely advice to support those we work with in this high profile area.
Our expertise covers the whole spectrum from clinical governance and administrative law to judicial review, risk management, emergency declarations, medical ethics and clinical trials. We have extensive experience in handling negligence claims and complaints and have a particular expertise in representing clients in coroners courts.
We advise our clients on the full range of commercial, corporate, property, employment, regulatory and contentious matters including:
- Employment issues and disputes, including doctors’ disciplinary (MHPS) processes, regulatory compliance issues and fitness to practice considerations, pay disputes and breach of contract claims, discrimination claims including those for disability discrimination and wider employee relations issues including trade union matters.
- Employment tribunal
- Capital projects
- Public procurement issues
- Joint ventures, intellectual property, IP, IT
- Project finance, fundraising and private equity and other investments
- Property and construction
- Planning and environment
- Dispute resolution
- Health and medical law.
Key Contacts - NHS Lawyers:
Meet the Team:
The Legal 500
Dedicated team, who are hardworking and efficient. They are prepared to put the hours in when required and are good with clients.
Approachability of staff and willingness to engage with staff on their level compares very well to other firms I have used.