Law Society backs alternative Wills
Wills, Trusts and Probate Disputes
Contesting a Will, challenging probate or disputing an inheritance can be stressful and complex. Our team of specialist lawyers understands that starting legal action is often a last resort and will handle your matter with sensitivity.
We have many years of experience advising and representing individuals in all manner of family issues arising from Will, probate, trust and inheritance disputes and always seek to resolve any dispute using the most practical and cost-effective methods.
Whether you are making or defending a claim, we always place your needs first and formulate solutions best suited to your individual situation. Our trained mediator can also act as an independent mediator in a dispute if required.
We can also advise personal representatives (executors or administrators), trustees on their role and duties in order to avoid potential disputes.
We can help clients with all disputed trust and probate issues (whether claiming or defending) including the following:
- Challenges to the validity of a will or codicil
- Disputes about the meaning of a will or codicil
- Challenges to the validity of lifetime gifts
- Applications to remove or replace Executors or Administrators
- Claims made against Executors or Administrators (including requests for information/documentation)
- Claims for provision from an estate under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975
- Disappointed beneficiary claims – where promises allegedly made by the Deceased about their estate are not fulfilled
- Mutual will claims
- Disputes about the size and nature of an estate
- Claims in professional negligence against will draftsmen or those administering an estate.
- Disputes about the validity of a trust
- Disputes about the meaning of a trust document
- Breach of Trust claims
- Applications to remove or replace trustees
- Matters concerning the disclosure of trust documents and information
- Applications to the court for directions or sanction.
Our lawyers are based in Kent and London but we act for clients throughout England and Wales, as well as overseas. We are always willing to meet with our clients at any of our offices or, if appropriate, at their home or their place of work. Wherever our clients are based, we ensure we communicate with them in a way that suits them.
In the team we have members of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists.
- The Team
- News & Events
Time for a change? Updating the law of wills
Law Commission recommends reducing age to write a will to 16
With You Magazine
Services for individuals and families