InsightsInsight - Charities - POSTED: June 18 2019
Kent Good Governance Charity Forum Summary 12 June
A round up of the Kent Good Governance Charity Forum that took place on 12 June
- Share this article
- Print this article
The second forum event took place on 12 June 2019 at the Bridgewood Manor Hotel in Chatham.
What was covered at the event?
The event was centred around charity risk, decision making and control and featured the following sessions:
- An introduction and overview of recent Charity Commission Case Reports – Alyson Howard, MHA MacIntyre Hudson
- The leagal aspects of limiting trustees liability – Christopher Eriksson-Lee, Brachers
- The role of trustees in fundraising decision-making – James Moon, CAF Bank
- VAT treatment for common income streams in a charity and the optimisation of VAT recovery – Sue Rathmell, MHA MacIntyre Hudson
For a more information, please take a look at the:
- Kent Good Governance Charity Forum slides
- Kent Good Governance Summary for 12 June
- Practical guide on recruiting trustees
Details of forthcoming Kent Good Governance Charity Forum events will be posted online as they become available. The next forum event will take place on the 6 November at Bridgewood Manor Hotel in Chatham.
Can we help?
Take a look at our Charities page for useful information, resources, guidance, details of our team and how we may be able to help you
Get in touch
Please fill out the below form or alternatively you can call us on 01622 690691