Mei-Ling joined the Family team at Brachers in 2013. Prior to joining, she was at a central London niche practice since 2001 specialising in family law. Mei-Ling is highly regarded for her ability to deal with her cases in a proactive, passionate and decisive manner.
Mei-Ling is named as a leading individual in family law in both Chambers and Legal 500 2018 and 2017.
Mei-Ling understands the sensitivities in family law matters. Mei-Ling affords meticulous attention to all her cases and has many years’ experience dealing with often complex and high value cases, whilst at the same time keeping in mind sensible ways of settling her cases outside of the court process.
Mei-Ling has been interviewed on both Sky News and Channel 5 News discussing pre-nuptial agreements and family law issues and has published a number of articles in professional publications.
Qualifying as a collaborative family lawyer in 2018, Mei-Ling continues to support her clients with a range of dispute resolution options.
Mei-Ling specialises in:
- Divorce and financial proceedings including mid – high net worth financial claims
- Private children matters, including complex International Child Arrangement disputes and applications to relocate out of the jurisdiction
- Disputes following the breakdown of co-habitation as well as co-habitation and separation agreements
- Preparing and advising on pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- Domestic abuse cases and injunctive relief
Areas of Expertise:
Qualifications, Memberships and Awards:
PS v BP  EWHC 1987 (Fam) : Acted for the mother in a complex, high profile case heard in the High Court, regarding child arrangements including issues of historic abuse claims and criminal proceedings
The Legal 500
Well-prepared, robust and has excellent client-management skills.
Chambers & Partners
Robust and determined. A very experienced, sound solicitor who is very client-centric.
Thank you so much for everything you have done for me, it is greatly appreciated. I don’t think I could have achieved this outcome without you.