Are you prepared for the new corporate governance reporting requirements?
Alex advises corporates and lenders on a wide range of commercial transactions including project development and financing, joint venture and shareholding arrangements, direct corporate lending and Islamic finance structures.
Alex has significant experience advising on commercial documentation (such as power purchase agreements and construction contracts) and financing agreements (including complex multi-sourced funding arrangements).
Prior to joining Brachers Alex worked as a commercial lawyer in London, Tokyo and Hong Kong, including a number of years at one of the world’s largest US law firms.
Alex specialises in:
- Commercial transactions, including energy and infrastructure projects
- Joint venture and shareholder arrangements
- Commodity supply, sale and distribution agreements
- Loan and other finance structures
- Project construction, operation and maintenance agreements.
Qualifications and Memberships
- The Law Society
- International Nuclear Law Association (INLA)
Alex's recent cases include:
- Advising the joint venture developer and state-owned sponsor in connection with all aspects of a new build nuclear project in the Middle East comprising four 1,400MW reactors.
- Advising the developer on the structuring of bankable EPC and commercial arrangements for a prospective new build nuclear project in the United Kingdom.
- Advising a developer on an early stage prospective offshore floating wind project in North America.
- Advising a private equity company on its proposed investment in a roof-top solar business in Nigeria.
- Advising a lender on the financing of seven prospective 50MW solar PV transactions in Egypt under its FIT scheme.
- Assisting with the finalisation of a power and water purchase agreement for a refinery project in Oman.
- Advising an IFI on all aspects of its financing of the 50MW Tsetsii Wind Farm in Mongolia.
- Advising an IFI on all aspects of its acquisition of an equity stake in a Mongolian bank.
- Advising an international petrochemicals company on the development and financing of an integrated petrochemicals facility expansion in Louisiana.
- Advising the developer on a proposed equity-funded 500MW natural gas fired independent power plant and associated 56km transmission line in Nigeria.
- Advising a financial institution on the financing, and subsequent refinancing, of certain North Sea oil assets.
- Advising a bidder on its potential acquisition of a power station in the UK.
- Advising eight export credit agencies (ECAs) and a syndicate of 24 commercial lenders on the project financing of the Ichthys liquefied natural gas (LNG) project in Australia.
Articles by Alex