InsightsNews - Personal Injury and Industrial Disease - POSTED: June 10 2019
Brachers accreditation confirmed by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
Brachers gains re-accreditation as an approved personal injury practice by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Share this article
- Print this article
Brachers are pleased to announce that their Personal Injury and Industrial Disease Team have just had their accreditation as an approved Personal Injury Practice confirmed by the Association of Personal Injury lawyers (APIL). This was following APIL’s recent routine monitoring visit. The team continues to specialise in mesothelioma/asbestos disease claims, work psychiatric/PTSD claims, head injury, fatal accidents and other serious injury claims.
In order for a firm to be accredited by APIL as a Personal Injury Practice, there is a range of criteria that must be fulfilled:
- The organisation must be regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority or Bar Standards Board;
- There must be at least one accredited senior litigator (or above) at each branch who has personal responsibility for the supervision and management of personal injury cases;
- There must be a consistently high standard of client care throughout the firm;
- The firm must ensure that all staff are provided with training opportunities to improve their skills and legal knowledge, and to meet the needs of clients;
- Each senior litigator or fellow can only supervise up to ten personal injury lawyers
- There must be a comprehensive and documented procedure for who should authorise each stage of your case, and a similar procedure for how case files are reviewed
- The organisation agrees to have its performance monitored by APIL to ensure standards are being maintained.
Having carried out their performance monitoring of Brachers, APIL’s auditors found that “the quality of their legal work is very good.” The team’s accreditation shows that they continue to provide a “consistently high standard of client care”, supported by ongoing training, supervisions and quality assurance checks. As well as being accredited as a firm, Jeremy Horton and Mark Gore are both individually accredited by APIL as Senior Litigators. In addition, Jeremy remains the only APIL accredited specialist in occupational and asbestos disease in Kent, Surrey, Sussex or Essex, whilst Mark continues to be a Headway approved Brain Injury specialist.
Find out more about what we can do to help support those that have suffered personal injury claims.
Can we help?
Take a look at our Personal Injury and Industrial Disease page for useful information, resources, guidance, details of our team and how we may be able to help you
Get in touch
Please fill out the below form or alternatively you can call us on 01622 690691