Data security in schools at The Education People Show
Catherine works with employers, particularly those in the healthcare, education, tourism and manufacturing sectors. She provides strategic and day to day advice to HR and management teams including on restructuring issues, complex disciplinary matters and discrimination issues.
Catherine joined Brachers in 1999 and became a Partner in 2003. She leads the Employment and HR Team and has a reputation for providing clear, practical and client focussed advice.
Catherine has maintained long-standing client relationships and works closely with clients to meet their strategic aims. She has supported large organisations in managing extensive change programmes, and work transfers, and has supported the development of clients’ HR teams through the introduction of integrated document systems, bespoke training and engagement initiatives.
Catherine is a competent and engaging speaker and provides training on all aspects of employment law and strategic and decision making models.
Catherine specialises in:
- Employment law and HR advice
- Employment Tribunal Claims, particularly high value discrimination complaints
- Advice on restructuring and redundancy
- Collective issues including trade union maters and issues for health providers, including NHS Trusts
- Complex disciplinary issues
Qualifications and Memberships
- The Law Society
- Employment Lawyers’ Association
Some of Catherine's recent cases include:
- Advising on a restructure exercise involving in excess of 400 staff.
- Representing clients in relation to discrimination claims for race and sex discrimination/harassment where the amounts claimed exceeded £1million.
- Risk based advice on the conduct of complex disciplinary issues involving allegations of fraud and assault.
Articles by Catherine