Restrictive covenants fact sheet
Catherine works with employers, particularly those in the healthcare, education, tourism and manufacturing sectors. She provides strategic and day to day advice to HR and management teams including on restructuring issues, complex disciplinary matters and discrimination issues.
Catherine joined and qualified at Brachers in 1999 and became a Partner in 2003. She leads the Employment and HR Team and has a reputation for providing clear, practical and client focussed advice.
She is an experienced and pragmatic lawyer and has been representing employers on all aspects of employment law including restructures, TUPE transfers, employment tribunal claims and contracts of employment since 1999.
Catherine has maintained long-standing client relationships and works closely with clients to meet their strategic aims. She has supported large organisations in managing extensive change programmes, and work transfers, and has supported the development of clients’ HR teams through the introduction of integrated document systems, bespoke training and engagement initiatives.
Catherine is a competent and engaging speaker and provides training on all aspects of employment law and strategic and decision making models.
Catherine specialises in:
- Employment law and HR advice
- Employment Tribunal Claims, particularly high value discrimination complaints
- Advice on restructuring and redundancy
- Collective issues including trade union maters and issues for health providers, including NHS Trusts
- Complex disciplinary issues
Catherine has successfully defended clients in over 95% of the cases she has conducted on their behalf and is recognised in both of the leading industry guides on UK legal expertise as a recommended lawyer.
Qualifications and Memberships
- The Law Society
- Employment Lawyers’ Association
Some of Catherine Daw's recent case studies include:
- Representing public sector bodies, particularly schools and colleges and the NHS in dealing with a variety of complex claims including multi-party discrimination claims especially those for race, sex and disability discrimination.
- Representing a client in a high profile claim for sex discrimination, including allegations of harassment and providing support in connection with press coverage and managing reputational risk.
- Dealing with multi-party claims relating to the exclusion of part-time workers from a pension scheme.
- Risk based advice on the conduct of complex disciplinary issues involving allegations of fraud and assault.
- Advising on a restructure exercise involving in excess of 400 staff.
Articles by Catherine