We are looking for an individual to join our Collections & Recoveries team, as an Insolvency Administrator, which is a key role in our busy Insolvency team. This is a full-time opportunity working 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, based in Maidstone, Kent.
Brachers is a leading law firm of choice in the South East, which prides itself on delivering quality and value to clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence.
You will provide administration support to a small team of Insolvency Executives within our Collections & Recoveries department reporting into the Insolvency Supervisor. This is a fast-paced department and this role is fundamental to ensure we provide timely and accurate delivery of service to our clients.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Assisting with the maintenance of the department’s insolvency portfolio including regular data entry; dealing with routine correspondence; simple file reviews; confirming claims have been lodged and admitted for dividend purposes; validating dividend payments and insolvency dates.
- Issuing various court processes, including legal proceedings, Judgments and enforcement; performing credit and land registry searches; mail scanning.
- Mail sorting and distribution; cross referencing mail items, performing mail scanning, and other general administration duties
- Generating various reports for distribution internally and submission to clients. Assisting with the preparation of internal and external audit files.
- Processing clients’ instructions using the department’s debt recovery system, including but not limited to setting up and updating cases, maintenance and closures; processing payments; generating remittances, invoices and managing diary lists.
- Assisting with holiday and telephone cover, including where necessary liaising with clients and customers.
- Providing administrative cover elsewhere in the team as necessary when requested
- Carrying out tasks as and when required by the partner/team leader in charge of your team
Are you the right person?
You will have excellent administration skills, experience within debt collection or the finance sector would be advantageous although not essential as full training will be provided. You must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate high attention to detail.
The position would suit someone who is able to use their initiative, is highly organised. This is a high pressured, fast paced, client led environment and so you must be able to adapt to change quickly and effectively whilst also being committed to meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure. Excellent all-round communication skills, professional telephone manner and attention to detail is essential. You will have a flexible approach and the ability to work well within a team environment.
It is essential that you are IT literate with experience of using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
What we can offer you
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, 23 days holiday per year rising to 26 days after 3 years’ service, life assurance, group income protection and private medical insurance. Our employees also benefit from a discretionary bonus scheme.
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered for the opportunity, please send your application by email (quoting your current or last salary) enclosing an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this role is Friday 28 February 2020.
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Agencies will be asked to work with us on this role if required. Speculative candidates submitted through agencies that we have not instructed will not be considered to be presented by that agency.
Email your CV to our HR team