Building Services / Messenger (General Office)
We are currently recruiting for someone to join our General Office team in a Building Services / Messenger role. This will be based in our offices in Maidstone, Kent and will report into the Building Services Supervisor. This is a full-time role and the team operate a shift pattern, Monday – Friday, covering the hours of 8am – 5pm, so availability between these hours is essential. Some travel to our Canterbury office will be required from time to time.
Brachers is a leading law firm of choice in the South East, which prides itself on delivering quality and value to clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence.
What we are looking for
This role requires an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a flexible and positive attitude. You will demonstrate a proactive approach that actively supports colleagues on a daily basis to ensure excellent service delivery. Equally important, you will have excellent communication skills enabling you to communicate well at all levels.
Whilst previous experience in a similar role is preferential, we welcome applications from all levels. An Apprenticeship may be available for a candidate with the right attitude and temperament that wants to develop with us, full supervision, training and development opportunities will be provided.
Our general office team are fundamental to the day to day running of the business and provide internal support across the firm and teams to enable them to achieve their goals and targets. No two days are the same and tasks will include:
- Handling incoming and outgoing post
- Moving physical files, supplies and services around the three buildings
- Recycling duties as part of our sustainability programme
- Occasional banking duties as required
- Delivery and collection of post/ documents from other Brachers buildings, businesses and the courts
- Collecting catering/hospitality supplies/ordering stationery
- Assisting with office moves
- General maintenance of buildings and facilities, including minor repairs and decorating to ensure the buildings are maintained to a high standard
- Assisting the supervisor with health and safety matters and managing outside contractors as directed
- Holding the emergency on call phone on a rota basis and responding to any issues that may arise out of hours
- Keyholder for all sites
- Other reasonable duties to support the needs of the team
Are you the right person?
The role would suit a proactive self-starter who works well under pressure, learns quickly and can prioritise their workload, using their initiative when required.
You will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills and be comfortable building relationships and providing support to people at all levels across the business. You will be well organised and able to prioritise your workload in this busy role. Although, due to the nature of the role, you must be flexible with a positive attitude to work and prepared to respond to the needs of the business. You should be a team player who is flexible to meet the needs of the team and the business.
To be considered for the role you would need to demonstrate minimum academic achievements of at least 5 GCSE’s A* – C (including English and Mathematics), with further qualifications being desirable. Additionally, you must have a full clean driving licence in order to utilise the firm’s van to perform the full duties.
What can we offer you?
Brachers LLP offers a friendly and welcoming environment. Whilst we expect our people to work hard, we also want them to enjoy their work and establish successful careers with us. Therefore, we offer everyone the opportunity to train, develop and grow.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, pension, 23 days holiday per year, plus an additional day at Christmas, private medical insurance, life assurance, group income protection, staff discounts, social events and much more. Our employees also benefit from a discretionary annual bonus scheme.
How to apply
If you feel you have the experience and skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you, please send:
- Your current CV
- A covering e-mail stating your salary expectations and current notice period
- To firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
No agencies please
More Current Vacancies