Trust / Tax Administrator
A great opportunity has arisen for a Trust / Tax Administrator to join our Private Client team based at our offices in Maidstone, Kent.
Brachers is a leading law firm of choice in the South East, which prides itself on delivering quality service which provides value to our clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence.
We are looking for an experienced Trust / Tax Administrator to report to the Head of our Trust sub-team. This role requires an excellent level of administration and attention to detail to provide support on a wide range of trusts reporting to both internal and external trustees as appropriate.
Undertaking the direct daily administration of trusts to include:
- Dealing with the registration of trusts with HMRC
- Advising trustees on their duties and responsibilities as trustees and to the beneficiaries
- Liaising and meeting with trustees and third party advisers as necessary
- Ensuring that the trusts comply with both internal and external compliance procedures
- Working closely with the Tax Manager over the completion of the annual accounts and tax returns and obtaining information from trustees as required
- Drafting deeds and other documentation required as part of the administration of the trusts
- Completion of IHT forms covering exit charges and ten year anniversaries
- Setting and managing client expectations on fees and timescales and communication methods
- Adopting an holistic approach to client work to encourage repeat business and ongoing client relationships
- Reporting to clients on the progression of their case; keeping clients informed and updated throughout
- Meeting individual and contribute to meeting departmental financial and performance targets (including monitoring individual financial performance)
- Raising invoices and communicate with clients to achieve the timely payment of invoices
- Accurately recording time and ensure time recording targets are achieved
- Attending relevant business development events (internal and external) in order to establish and raise the profile of the business
- Developing and maintaining internal and external contacts
Are you the right person?
- Professional qualifications (STEP Foundation; STEP; ILEX; Solicitor) or significant relevant professional experience
- Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft Office: Word; Outlook; Excel)
- Excellent client focus
- Proactive attitude, taking responsibility for own workload
- Communication skills – good written and verbal skills and ability to deal with staff and clients at all levels
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, used to working as a team player
What can we offer you?
Brachers LLP offers a friendly and welcoming environment. Whilst we expect our people to work hard, we also want them to enjoy their work and establish successful careers with us. Therefore, we offer everyone the opportunity to train, develop and grow.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, pension, 26 days holiday per year, plus an additional day at Christmas, private medical insurance, life assurance, group income protection, staff discounts, social events and much more. Our employees also benefit from a discretionary annual bonus scheme.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV with a covering e-mail stating your salary expectations and notice period, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please note, we are not currently accepting applications for this role from agencies. Speculative candidates submitted through agencies will not be considered.
APPLY NOW - no agencies please
More Current Vacancies