Managing stress related absence and mental wellbeing for staff in the Education sector
Antonio joined Brachers in May 2017 having acquired 10 years’ prior experience as an employment law specialist.
Antonio takes time to get to know his clients and their business to ensure that the advice they receive not only takes all legal implications into account but is also tailored to his clients’ business values, strategies and objectives.
Antonio has significant experience advising on all aspects of employment law. He has a particular interest in advising clients on restructures, TUPE transfers and other necessary and strategic changes affecting businesses.
Over the years Antonio has advised on a broad range of contentious matters in both the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal. He has been representing employers in employment tribunal claims since 2007. These have included multi-party claims and claims linked to wider shareholder and board-level disputes and have covered a full range of employment-related claims including equal pay, victimisation, harassment and discrimination. Antonio’s experience covers a broad range of industry sectors including many regulated areas such as Education and FCA regulated businesses as well as manufacturing, recruitment and healthcare.
Antonio seeks to provide added value to clients wherever possible by running training events, seminars and discussion forums on key employment law topics. Outside of work Antonio is a Governor at his local primary school.
Antonio specialises in:
- Reorganisations, redundancies and restructures
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Strategic advice
- Settlement agreements and exit plans for senior employees and directors
- Data Protection
Qualifications and Memberships
- The Law Society
- The Employment Lawyers Association
- The successful defence of claims issued under TUPE, unfair dismissal and sex discrimination laws by eleven employees against a professional services firm.
- Successfully representing a client in respect of unfair dismissal, age discrimination, harassment and victimisation claims issued by a long-serving employee as a consequence of a pay restructure implemented by the client in both the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal.
- Representing a client and five of its senior employees in claims issued against them by a former employee including claims of disability and race discrimination, harassment, victimisation and under whistleblowing legislation.