What are the benefits to acquiring the freehold of your property?
Kate Hawken is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and joined Brachers in September 2014. She is experienced in all aspects of residential conveyancing and specialises in Leasehold Enfranchisement.
In terms of Leasehold Enfranchisement, she specialises in the extension of leases and acquisition of freeholds under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993, the Leasehold Reform Act 1967 and Parts I and III of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987, the variation of leases, rights of first refusal, the acquisition of the Right to Manage.
Kate specialises in:
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Lease extensions either agreed or under LRHUD Act 1993
- Freehold acquisitions either agreed and under LRHUD Act 1993
- Disposal of freeholds via S5 Notices
- Freehold Acquisitions with Missing landlords
- Bulk Lease Extensions
Qualifications and Memberships
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, Law South
- Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners
Kate's recent cases include:
- Richard Ayres & Ors v. Jonathan Roberts & Anor CC (Central London) (Judge Peter Cowell)  L.&T.R 1 The effect of a failure to comply with a completion notice served under paragraph 8 of Schedule 2 to the Leasehold Reform (Collective Enfranchisement and Lease Renewal) Regulations 1993.
Articles by Kate