Wellbeing in the workplace: Focus on depression and mental health
Louise advises on all aspects of employment law, mainly acting for employers but also taking on complex, high value employee claims, work. She has worked with specialist sectors including agriculture, construction, manufacturing, education and healthcare and regularly provides external training.
Louise joined Brachers in 2010 and has considerable experience working with large employers, giving practical advice.
Louise has spent 18 months on secondment to a large public sector organisation and more recently to a large construction business. This has given Louise an invaluable insight into legal issues from a client’s perspective and enabled her to gain a thorough understanding of the challenges that businesses face on a daily basis.
Louise has a keen interest in the education sector and is part of the Firm’s Education Group. She is also an active member of the local business community and contributes through her work as a member of the Steering Group of the Rochester Business Guild, with the Kent CIPD.
Louise specialises in:
- Dismissals/ unfair dismissal
- Discrimination/diversity matters
- Redundancy and reorganisations
- Grievances and disciplinary matters
- Sickness absence/ ill-health
Qualifications and Memberships
- The Law Society
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Rochester Business Guild
- Leigh UTC Advisory Board
Louise's recent cases include:
- Advising on the implications of the ‘Bear Scotland’ holiday pay decision and assisting with business strategy in this regard.
Articles by Louise