Power of Attorney - it's never too early to prepare
Michael has worked in the Private Client Team since 2013, during which time he has gained valuable experience in a variety of Private Client matters.
Michael qualified in 2018 and deals with all aspects of powers of attorney, Court of Protection, creation of personal injury trusts and will drafting matters.
Michael particularly enjoys Private Client work because of the variety it offers and the opportunity to work closely with clients from different backgrounds, helping them to plan for the future.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Affiliate member of Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Associate member of Institute of Paralegals
- Dementia friend
- CILEX Law School level 2 certificate in law and practice
Michael's recent cases include:
- Advising on obtaining an appropriate Court of Protection order to access specific assets to fund the client’s ongoing care fees.
- Registration of an Enduring Power of Attorney to manage a client’s financial affairs, which also included funding live in care for the client.
- Advising on and creating a personal injury trust to enable clients to continue to be entitled to means-tested benefits following a damages payment of circa £90,000.
- Advising on and obtaining appropriate Court of Protection order on behalf of attorneys under old style Enduring Power of Attorney to enable attorney to deal with investment portfolio.
- Advising and preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney for wealthy clients to allow family members to assist in the running of their financial affairs.
- Appointing Brachers Trust Corporation as professional attorney/deputy and/or trustees.