Power of Attorney - it's never too early to prepare
Michael joined Brachers in December of 2010. Michael is a qualified paralegal dealing with all aspects relating to powers of attorney, Court of Protection and creation of Personal Injury Trusts.
Michael has worked in the Private Client Team for a number of years, during which time he has gained valuable experience in a variety of power of attorney and court of protection matters. Michael is a qualified paralegal dealing with all aspects of powers of attorney, Court of Protection matter, creation of personal injury trusts and will drafting .
Michael particularly enjoys Private Client work because of the variety it offers and the opportunity to work closely with clients from different backgrounds, helping them to plan for the future.
Michael specialises in:
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection deputyship applications
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Creation of Personal Injury Trusts
- Deeds of retirement and appointment of trustees
Qualifications and Memberships
- Associate Member of the Institute of Paralegals
- CILEX Level 2 Certificate in Law and Practice
Michael's recent cases include:
- Advising on obtaining an appropriate Court of Protection order to access specific assets to fund the client’s ongoing care fees.
- Registration of an Enduring Power of Attorney to manage a client’s financial affairs, which also included funding live in care for the client.
- Advising on and creating a personal injury trust to enable clients to continue to be entitled to means-tested benefits following a damages payment of circa £90,000.
- Advising and preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney for wealthy clients to allow family members to assist in the running of their financial affairs.
- Appointing Brachers Trust Corporation as professional attorney/deputy and/or trustees.